The Google Business Profile, previously known as Google My Business, is a potent tool that is frequently overlooked when it comes to attracting potential customers to your website. Instead of solely relying on SEO to enhance your search rankings, making some adjustments to your Google Business Profile can result in more immediate and impactful outcomes for your business.
8 Ways to Elevate Your Google Business Profile
So you have a Google Business Profile and you’re wondering how to optimize it to attract more customers? Great news, you’re in the right place! Here are eight optimization tips to help you make the most of your profile:
- Complete every section of your profile in detail. This includes filling in your name, address, phone, website, and hours. Don’t forget to add other important information like products and services, Q&A, and a “from the business” section. Remember to put yourself in your potential customer’s shoes and provide information that they might want to know about your business.
- Craft your own “from the business” description to showcase what makes your business unique and why customers should choose you over competitors. Keep it short, include keywords, and avoid using links.
- Select the correct category for your business. This helps you rank higher in local search results, so make sure you choose the most appropriate category for your business. If you belong in more than one category, you can add additional ones, but use the most general one as your primary category.
- List all your products and services to make it easier for potential customers to understand what you do. This is especially important if your business offers specialized services or unique product lines.
- Display your most important attributes, such as accessibility, amenities, offerings, payments, etc.
- Include high-quality, descriptive photos of your business, products or services, and anything that makes your business unique. Post photos regularly to keep your profile active and engaging.
- Ask customers to leave reviews. Positive reviews from satisfied customers will help your business rank higher in local search results. You can incentivize the process by offering a discount on their next service or an entry into a competition to win something.
- Preempt customer queries with a Q&A list. Create a list of frequently asked questions and provide answers to help potential customers learn more about your business.
Remember, a well-optimized Google Business Profile can help you attract more customers and increase your business’s visibility. So take the time to complete every section of your profile in detail, and use these tips to make your profile stand out!
Running a small business is hard, growing one is even more difficult. You can make the experience easier by working with us!
If you’d like to set up an in-depth conversation about your business, reach out to us today!